Founded in 1937 as a Preparatory School by Ms Oliphant, a distinguished English lady, with a humble capital of £1000, the School, true to its motto, has grown into a full fledged institution preparing boys for the CBSE examination. In 1956, Ms Oliphant donated all her assets to the Welham Boys' School Society which presently is administered by a Board of Trustees.
Thanks to Ms Oliphant's vision and the efforts of the Principals who succeeded her, the School has carved a niche for itself in the world of school education.
The vintage buildings and the playing fields have been the training grounds where generations of youth have learned, played, cheered, won and lost many a game.
Welham Boys' School is a friendly school. It combines the best of traditions with a modern approach to learning. In a congenial environment, boys are encouraged to nurture the qualities of the head, heart and hand.